Compact Flameproof Miniduct
Flameproof Miniduct Fan
- Galvanised steel casing with red powder-coated finish.
- Anti-static blades.
- Suitable for ducted installations.
- Can be mounted at any angle.
- Designed for single-phase supply.
- Motors comply with Ex d, Group II, Zone 1, T6 protection see Additional Information.
- IP66 rated.
Got a question about this product?
Find your local distributor
The Compact Series of Flameproof Miniduct fans has been specifically designed for duct mounting and to ventilate hazardous or explosive environments. There are 4 sizes in the range extending from 250 to 400mm diameter.
Features and Benefits
Elta Fans Compact Flameproof fans can be used to exhaust in areas where the environment has been defined as being hazardous or explosive necessitating the use of flameproof motors. These areas include spray booths and battery charge rooms. Approved for gas Groups llA, llB and llC, have temperature classification T6 and enclosure protection IP66
They are suitable for all Group II hazardous gas environments EXCEPT for the following:
- Where the ambient temperature is less than -20°C or greater than 40°C.
- Where the fan is exhausting from the vapour space of a tank or vessel (Zone 0). See brochure for details on Zones
- Where the fan is exhausting immediately adjacent to a continuous source of release (Zone 0).
- In mines susceptible to fire damp.
- Where special conditions exist such as corrosion, water, dust, vibration or high level of UV exist.
The motor is fitted with thermal protection to conform to the requirements of AS1359. IECEx certification and classification of T6 does not take into account abnormal operation such as locked rotor where the temperature of the surfaces may exceed 85°C. If this is an issue with your application, further protection should be fitted.
All units tested to ISO5801:1997, Type D Installation, ducted inlet and outlet (airside performance) and BS848:Part 2, 1985 (sound performance).
The series features a galvanised steel casing with red powder-coated finish.
Axial impellers have glass reinforced anti-static blades.
The fans are built with a squirrel cage induction motor with sealed for life ball bearings. The motor requires an electricity supply of 230V, single-phase, 50Hz. Maximum ambient temperature 40°C. These motors are not speed-controllable.
These products have a Certificate of Conformity issued under the IEC Ex Certification Scheme for Explosion Protected Electrical Equipment.
This certificate, number IEC Ex TSA 14.0024X, covers these fans for Ex d GroupII, Zone 1 protection. These fans are approved for gas Groups llA, llB and llC, have temperature classification T6 and enclosure protection IP66.