Compact Flameproof Square Plate
Flameproof Axial Flow Fan
- Robust galvanised steel square plate with white powder-coated finish.
- Impellers are made from anti-static GRP.
- Fitted with high strength guards to reduce the risk of objects entering fan.
- Designed for single phase power supply.
- Motor complies with Ex d, Group II, Zone 1, T6 protection.
- IP66 rated.
- For use in explosion risk environments
Got a question about this product?
Find your local distributor
The Compact Series of flameproof axial flow fans has been specifically designed to meet the needs of small ventilation applications in hazardous or explosive environments. They are ideal for wall mounting but can be mounted at any angle and on the ceiling if required. There are 4 sizes in the range extending from 250 to 400mm diameter.
Features and Benefits
The unit has been specifically designed to meet the needs of small ventilation applications. It is ideal for wall mounting but can be mounted at any angle and on the ceiling if required. Fitted with high strength guards to reduce the risk of objects entering fan.
The Compact Flameproof Series can be used to exhaust in areas where the environment has been defined as being hazardous or explosive necessitating the use of flameproof motors. These areas include spray booths and battery charge rooms.
These products are suitable for all Group II hazardous gas environments EXCEPT for the following:
- Where the ambient temperature is less than -20°C or greater than 40°C.
- Where the fan is exhausting from the vapour space of a tank or vessel (Zone 0).
- Where the fan is exhausting immediately adjacent to a continuous source of release (Zone 0).
- In mines susceptible to fire damp.
- Where special conditions exist such as corrosion, water, dust, vibration or high level of UV exist.
The motor is fitted with thermal protection to conform to the requirements of AS1359. IECEx certification and classification of T6 does not take into account abnormal operation such as locked rotor where the temperature of the surfaces may exceed 85°C. If this is an issue with your application, further protection should be fitted.
All units have been tested to ISO5801:1997 (airside performance) with Type ‘A’ Installation (free inlet and outlet) and BS848:Part 2, 1985 (sound performance).
These products have a Certificate of Conformity issued under the IEC Ex Certification Scheme for Explosion Protected Electrical Equipment. This certificate, number IEC Ex TSA 14.0024X, covers these fans for Ex d Group II, Zone 1 protection. These fans are approved for gas groups llA, llB and llC, have temperature classification T6 and enclosure protection IP66.
The Compact Series is manufactured with a galvanised steel square plate and a white powder-coated finish. Approved for gas Groups llA, llB and llC, have temperature classification T6 and enclosure protection IP66.
Axial impellers have glass reinforced anti-static blades.
Driven by a squirrel cage induction motor with sealed for life ball bearings. The motor requires an electricity supply of 230V single phase, 50Hz. Maximum ambient temperature is 40°C.
These fan and motors are not speed-controllable.