Rickard Thermo-Disc VAV Diffuser
VAV Ceiling Diffusers
- Reduces the energy consumption of a building by lowering the demand on the air handling system.
- Provides the occupant with control over their specific environment (Temperature set point adjustable from 19ºC to 24ºC).
- Each unit contains its own in-built temperature sensing and volume control mechanism.
- Lightweight, easy to install and ideal as a retrofit solution.
- Available in 495 and 595mm square overall sizes and 150 to 300mm duct neck sizes.
- Square to square and square to round diffuser styles available.
- Flush to the ceiling stylish look.
- Maintains constant air movement from 100% down to 25%.
- Discharge pattern ensures the air within the space is thoroughly mixed.
- Works when system is in cooling or heating mode.
Got a question about this product?
Email us or call us on +603 7846 0340 (Malaysia) or +91 33-24988126 (India)
Find your local distributorClick here to search now
The Rickard range of Thermo-Disc VAV ceiling diffusers help to provide an indoor environment that maintains a consistent and comfortable temperature. Diffusers only allow the required volume of hot or cold air to enter the conditioned space according to the diffuser set point. It is mechanically controlled and thermally powered which means it is easy to install and requires no external wiring or power supply.
Features and Benefits
Air volume control is achieved through the vertical up and down movement of the control disc within the diffuser. They are available in 495 and 595mm square overall sizes and 150 to 300mm duct neck sizes. They come in square to square and square to round diffuser styles. Their unique design allows them to have a flush to the ceiling clean look.
Reduces the energy consumption of a building by lowering the demand on the air handling system.
Each unit contains its own in-built temperature sensing and volume control mechanism. This system will provide the occupant with control over their specific environment (temperature set point adjustable from 19ºC to 24ºC).
Methods of testing the performance of air outlets and air inlets. ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 70-2006 (RA 2011).
Rickard Thermo-disc Diffusers are made from sheet steel and finished in a chip resistant epoxy powder coating. They come in matte white as standard but can also be ordered in colours to suit the architectural requirements. All internal components are made from non-metallic material and are moulded in fire retardant Makrolon glass reinforced plastic.
Can be used for single diffuser, single room applications through to large open areas with multiple diffusers on multi levels.
Air volume control is achieved through the vertical up and down movement of the control disc within the diffuser. This increases or decreases the aperture size which allows either more or less conditioned air to enter the space. The position of the control disc is varied by means of a wax filled thermal element which responds to changes in sensed room temperature. With a rise or fall in sensed temperature the wax extends or retracts the plunger, causing the mechanism to move the control disc to match the air volume requirements of the space served by the diffuser.
Interested? Make an Enquiry
Customers Also Viewed
CC Series Circular Attenuators
EC Sensors – Temperature Sensors
CRTL-S 3-Speed Controller for Heat Recovery Units
CTRL-DSP – Multi-Function Controller With LCD Display